Our Vegan Mozzarella Kit enables you to become an Offbeet chef from home! We have been making mozzarella for years in our restaurant and we love it because its so versatile. You can slice it, grate it or melt it and It’s so easy to make. You only need to add oil and soya milk. This Vegan Mozzarella Kit provides enough dry ingredients to make approx. 16 mozzarella balls! That’s a lot of pizza cheese! Alternatively it’s perfect for adding to salads, sandwiches, pastas, the list is endless. Or try deep frying for that melty cheesy fix. Whats better once made and kept in a salted brine solution it will keep for up to one month in the fridge too!
1. Melt 250ml coconut oil(we recommend mild coconut oil) in a small saucepan.
2. Add 1/2 Cup or 60g of your mozzarella mix and 400ml of dairy free milk. Give it a good mix, a few lumps are fine.
4. Bring the mix to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Then turn the saucepan to low and simmer for approx. 15 mins. Don’t worry about it being lumpy they will go!
5. To test, first take a spoonful of mixture and place in cold water. If the mixture sets, you are ready to make mozzarella. If it does not set, simmer for longer.
6. When ready, pour your mix into a small lined tray or mould and leave to cool completely.
Tip: Get your hands on a freshly baked focaccia and slice open. Spread on some vegan pesto and slice your mozzarella along with some juicy tomatoes and fill. This is a sandwich sent from heaven!
Storage: The mozzarella kit should stored in a cool try place away from direct sunlight until use by date. Once Mozzarella is made this will need to be refrigerated and kept in brine for up to a month.
Produced & packaged by Offbeet (Southampton) ltd Jacobs gutter lane, Totton, hants, SO40 9FX www.offbeetdeli.com